Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A New Bulletin Board

Hi!  I had a project FAIL a few weeks ago.  I was recovering a beat up old bulletin board to hang over my sewing machine.  I spray painted the frame with Rustoleum Aqua and glued on some fabric and ribbon.   But it just didn't look good to me.  So I ripped off all the fabric, along with a lot of the cork, and started over.

I upholstered it and covered my staples by hot gluing on some ribbon and flowers that I made out of scrap fabric. 






I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out this time. 


Here it is in it's new home.  Yes, my sewing machine is tucked away in the guest room closet. Sad, but functional.  Someday it may have a new home in a craft studio in our currently unfinished basement.
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating 

No comments:

Post a Comment