Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Unbelievable Thrifty Bed

  • I got a new bed!  I have been looking at this bed on the website of a consignment store for months.  I watched as all the other pieces in this set were sold off and the poor bed remained.  They kept dropping the price until one day when I looked online and it was down to a hundred and fifty bucks!  I couldn't believe it.  We are talking about a fine quality King size bed here! It was now about 1/10 of what they started out asking for it. Yes, it's used but I know this store only accepts top quality consignments so I ended up buying it over the phone, sight unseen, and then second guessing myself. They warned me that it was a very large bed, over eight feet tall.   Now I worried, what if it was too big? 
When we got to the store, it was big.  Really Really Big... And Beautiful!  Thank goodness, it came apart but we still needed a pickup and a utility trailer to get it home. Once we  got it set up, I thought it might be too big for our room, but it's fine. I love that it's solid as a rock, no squeaking or rattling. My best, thriftiest find to date.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Therese! I just stumbled onto your blog. What a great site you have!! AND WHAT A FIND!! That bed is GORGEOUS!! I am now your newest follower. I hope you will follow me, too! Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete